Lake City's Rose Garden Makes Top Ten List!

By muggso-motto-rex
(1 votes) (report abuse)
Tags: Seattle, Weekly, dive, bars

The Seattle Weekly is promoting the new book Seattle's Best Dive Bars: Drinking & Diving in the Emerald City by SW's own managing editor, Mike Seely.  They've given us a little preview of the book by posting Seattle's 10 most intimidating dive bars.  Lake City got a lil' shout out (YES!) with The Rose Garden.  I've never been there - but judging from some of the other picks (Joe's in the ID is seriously scary!) I can only imagine that it lives up to it's whopping 1.5 stars on Yelp.

I was fortunate enough to get asked to participate in a Lake City pub crawl last year (which rocked! highlight? being serenaded by the country singer at the Rimrock).  The Rose Garden didn't make the cut - in fact - I don't think anyone even thought of it as an option.  Has anyone braved the intimidating crowd at the Rose Garden?

posted on Wed, Mar 25, 2009 03:46 PM
last updated on Thu, Mar 26, 2009 12:22 PM
Congrats
Awesome post. You rock.
Comment by emily 2 weeks ago (0 votes) (report abuse) ()
rose garden regular
This place is only a few blocks from my house, so I should be a regular. but, i've never ventured inside. it's probably about time. maybe this years Lake City Pub Crawl will include the Rose Garden.
Comment by danaek 2 weeks ago (0 votes) (report abuse) ()
NOT A ROSE GARDEN (HEE-HEE)
I LIVE SEVERAL BLOCKS FROM THIS PLACE. I WISH IT WOULD GO AWAY. I HAVE BEEN TOLD IT IS A HANGOUT FOR GANG MEMBERS (What in Lake City?), AND PEOPLE DO PACK GUNS IN THERE. I CAN HEAR FIGHTS OUT FRONT ON MANY NIGHTS. IT IS SAD AND SCARY THAT THIS SO CLOSE TO US. WILL IT EVER END???
Comment by cb 1 week ago (0 votes) (report abuse) ()
was SO an option!!
hello! the rosegarden was OBVIOUSLY an option! it was incorporated in at least two discussions in the planning of lake city pub crawl. if you will please remember the reason it DID NOT make the cut was because it was a little too far from crawling distance. it is quite hard to pack all the lake city dive bars into one night. maybe this year we'll start the crawl in the daylight at the rosegarden. i've been meaning to pull out my pink pistol...i'll hide it in my boots. it fits nicely there.
Comment by Native 1 week ago (0 votes) (report abuse) ()
Whoops
My bad, Native. Lets stop *talking* about the next LC pub crawl and start *planning* it!
Comment by muggso-motto-rex 1 week ago (0 votes) (report abuse) ()