Shelters for area homeless men and women will return to Northeast Seattle churches starting on December 3rd when an winter shelter is scheduled to open at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church. The shelter will rotate to four other church sites in the area through March 16th. Contact the individual churches for volunteer opportunities. The rotation schedule is below.
- December 3-22, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 14514 20th Ave. NE, Shoreline
- December 23-January 3, George Center for Community, 2212 NE 125th St.
- January 4-Feburary 2, Seattle Mennonite Church, 3120 NE 125th St.
- February 3-23, Our Lady of the Lake, 8900 35th Ave.
- February 24-March 16, Lake City Baptist Church, 2441 NE 125th St.
In this season of dropping temperatures, giving, and thinking about those less fortunate, North Helpline has also put out a list of items needed for the organization to distribute to low income and homeless people. The list is below. Items can be dropped at North Helpline, 12736 33rd Avenue NE, Tuesday – Friday from 9 am-4 pm or Saturday from 8:30 am-1 pm.
- Toys for birth to elementary school age
- Gifts for middle school and high school age
- Hygiene items
- Baby formula, baby food, diapers, and other baby supplies
- Small-size turkeys
North Helpline also has a $75,000 fund-raising goal so you can donate money onsite or online, here via their website.