The much-loved Lake City Farmers Market will be back, starting on June 11th. The market runs every Thursday through October 1st, from 3-7 pm.
The market welcomes back many of their farmers and food artisans – and a few new vendors for 2015. New vendors include:
- Deiros Artisan Chocolate
- Fresh & Wild Seafood (starting mid-August)
- Jikoni (authentic West African Food)
- Lowercase Brewing, Mariposa Farm, White Heron Wine
- Mt. Baker Berry Farm
- Napkin Friends (Latke press sandwiches – food truck on rotating schedule)
- Yellow Belly Farm (honey)
On opening day market visitors will find sweet, luscious strawberries, cherries, crisp fresh lettuces, beautiful heads of broccoli, crunchy carrots, and dozens of other vegetables. Kittitas Valley Greenhouse will have ripe heirloom tomatoes, and there will be plenty of fresh basil on the farm tables.
The market is also hosting a full schedule of fun events for kids and grown-ups, including a free cooking class with chef/author Amy Pennington on June 18, the Cherry Pit Spit Contest on July 2, and the Zucchini 500 car races on Sept 3. You can find events calendars and farmer/vendor lists on the market’s website here.